You will be responsible for developing commercially driven crafting projects that attract new customers to crafting and jewellery making in addition to encouraging existing customers to buy increase their spend. You will manage a small team of freelance on-show demonstrators and brief them to make specific pieces that inspire and engage viewers. The ideal candidate will be passionate about crafting, with strong creativity and commercial awareness with an ability to spot trends to develop into a commercially viable product. This is an extremely fast paced, rewarding role working closely with every department to strict deadlines, requiring excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Develop jewellery making kit ranges for several target audiences within the jewellery making/craft market that will inspire and engage our customers whilst being commercially focussed.
- Manage a team of freelance jewellery designers to understand their jewellery making specialisms and create jewellery making kits which play to these strengths.
- Maintain research on current market trends in both specific jewellery making mediums and generic themes including keeping an eye on what competitors are offering.
- Drive inspiration within our business by continually developing new ideas and sharing these with the wider team in order to grow our business in the craft of jewellery making.
- Create product briefs and ensure that they are shared with Buying Team on project/kit components, making product suggestions where necessary.
- Liaise with other departments within the organisation to ensure show schedules are completed.
- Brief the Marketing, Sales and Production team on key events and products, to ensure all departments are fully prepared for each show.
- Commercial Awareness – proven ability to understand what makes the business successful and continuously building on this to drive innovation and stay ahead of our competition.
- Creativity - continually suggesting new ideas with the ability to think outside the box and exceed company sales targets. Identify new opportunities and approaches. Champion new ideas and initiatives, thinks about how new ideas will work pragmatically.
- Organisation and Management Skills – Excellent planner and organisation skills, assumes responsibility and understands when there are peaks and troughs in workload. Organises work and resources to meet deadlines and continually measures performance against goals and evaluates results.
- Leadership and Coaching – Create and communicate an inspiration vision of the future in which people understand where they can fit in and how they can contribute. Always approachable, friendly and visible. Strong ability to coach and facilitate the development of others. Analyse strengths and weaknesses and give feedback, know when and how to delegate.
- Team Player – Work as part of a team to achieve common goals through shared ambition, communication and collaboration. Actively contributes to the team, understands team goals and how he/she fits in. Supports other team members and knows when to ask for help.
- Flexibility – Adaptable, embraces change and copes well with it. Responsive to the market and its pace. Want to learn and develop new skills and approaches.