Designer - Nightwear
This is a unique opportunity to join a thriving company, offering excellent potential to drive your career forwards. My client is the UK’s market leading supplier of adult and children’s nightwear, supplying mainly character merchandise to major High Street retailers and on-line companies in the UK. A vacancy has arisen for a customer facing Designer.
You will be:
- Ensure high service levels are provided and newness in design is given.
- Proficient in Adobe Software, including Illustrator and Photoshop (minimum 2-3 years’ experience)
- See concept designs through to production, working closely with buyers and factories to ensure the brief is met.
- Work closely with technologists and merchandisers, to ensure products fit and find solutions to any problems in production.
- A common interest/knowledge for Licensed Properties and product.
- Researching trends, and creating mood boards for new projects and seasons ahead.
- Collaborate with other creatives in the Design team to ensure a common vision and consistent branding across the business.
- Attending customer meetings and prepare for presentations.
- Design to a brief and amend as buyer requests, display experience of liaising with buyers requests and demands.
- Creating exclusive designs, with awareness of cost and factory restrictions.
- Prepare design packs, including technical drawing and size specs.
- Thorough understanding of the current market and research of retailers to ensure handwriting is in line.
- Manage day to day work load, working closely with buyers and factories to ensure deadlines are met for samples and designs.
- Develop new products with the factories from research, requesting new fabrics and embellishments.
- Reasonable travel, including factory visits and regular comparative shopping in the UK and overseas.
A competitive salary and hybrid working is on offer to the perfect candidate. If this sounds like it could be you, we’d love to hear more