Junior Buyer - Ladieswear
My client is a premium e-commerce fashion brand loved by celebrities and influencers. They are growing rapidly and have an amazing opportunity for someone equally amazing to join our exciting and hardworking team!
They are recruiting for a Multi-product junior buyer to support across clothing and non-clothing categories.
The role involves
- Working alongside the Design & QA team to deliver new trend products/collections in line with the critical path key dates and key marketing dates.
- Trading the Department daily to expand on best-selling styles quickly, product developing directly with the supply base to maximise sales on the area
- Improving the category bought in margin by re negotiating with the supply base on Best Selling styles and fabric bases that are performing.
- Working closely with the design and merchandising teams on a daily basis to ensure the range is balanced, profitable and commercial
- Developing strong relationships with a new supply base by working with design to place the right product at the right source.
- Attend weekly fit & buy meetings to ensure products are delivered on time
- Support the Buyers Admin to ensure smooth running of the department.
- Weekly analysis to identify missing products from the booked ranges, reporting back to the Head of Buying.
- Regular competitor reviews to ensure pricing and range is in line with the market. Highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Building range plans with attributes with the support of head of buying to enable merchandising to analyse the range on a weekly basis.
- Work with marketing ecommerce team to ensure shoot samples are available in line with shoot dates
·Travel – Europe and FE as and when required by the business.
Key Experience, Skills & Abilities
A commercial fashion eye is essential.
Enjoys working with the numbers to maximise product sales
Experience in trading a Department to maximise sales, ideally ecommerce experience
The ability to problem-solve under pressure in a fun fast paced environment.
Enjoys change, open to new ways of working.
Identifies new ways of working that fit the business as it continues to grow.
Able to take responsibility and make decisions.
Strong communication with all departments and levels is imperative.
Effective time management and the ability to prioritise.
Understands/ has experience with the test and repeat ecommerce buying model.