This Ladieswear Retailer are looking for a flexible and experienced HR Advisor to join their HR team in Birmingham. A rapidly expanding and ever evolving company, the successful candidate will play an intricate part in supporting the HR function throughout the business.
To support the Head of HR in providing an efficient, effective and commercial HR function whilst continually striving to promote excellence within the department and improving HR service levels.
· To work closely with all management across the business, assisting line managers to understand and implement policy and procedure.
· Assisting and advising on employee relations issues
· Providing advice to managers on policies and procedures
· Contribute to the development; implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures and the company handbook based on relevant legislation
· Proactively assisting line managers in managing absence in line with company policy
· Providing advice to employees and managers on general HR issues
· Conducting investigations, disciplinary hearings and grievances
· Advising and supporting managers throughout informal and formal procedures including disciplinary, grievance, capability, redundancy and the conduct of sickness absence review meetings ensuring adherence to Company policies
· Manage the Long Term Sickness process and give advice on Reasonable adjustments in order to establish a successful return to work.
· To oversee staff recruitment, including developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, short listing and sifting CV's, selecting and interviewing of candidates.
· Actively search for candidates through job boards and social media platforms
· Building relationships with recruitment agencies
· Create job offers and contracts
· Complete all new-recruit paperwork with candidates.
· Responsible for the organization of agency staff by liaising with the Agency Companies and Warehouse Management including the completion of weekly timesheets.
Proven track record in a HR Generalist role.
Good working knowledge of Excel
Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills
Confident in managing ER cases from start to finish
Strong interpersonal and communication skill
Experience in start to finish recruitment processes
Hold a full driving license and be able to travel across the country to support with any ER or recruitment requirements when required.