We are recruiting a ladies multi product Garment Technologist for a leading Retailer. Candidates must have a broad knowledge of multi product
This role would suit candidates who area a good team player with a proactive approach to technical product development.
Garment Technologist responsibilities include:
• Provide technical information to design and development packs, including but not restricted to measurements, block and construction details, to facilitate prototype development
• Fittings samples with the design and development team and ensuring the product fit is consistent across all categories
• Fitting and approval of bulk samples, preparing graded size charts for production to ensure a consistent fit across all sizes
• Input accurate details to the critical path taking a sample from prototype to bulk production. Alert the relevant buying, product development and production teams of any issues that may cause a delay to the agreed delivery date
• Supplier management. Maintain a regular contact with suppliers and factories throughout production and address any technical issues to ensure shipment dates are achieved
• Review production/shipment samples to confirm they adhere to all agreed standards of fit, quality, labelling and packaging.
• Assessing final AQL inspection reports where applicable and liaise with the production department to maintain required ex-factory dates
Skills and experience required
• Previous experience working as a Garment Technologist is required. Excellent knowledge of Ladieswear, fitting and construction
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• The ability to work independently within a team environment
• Computer literate is essential