Childrenswear, Ladieswear and Menswear
- To work within the team to deliver and maintain the highest level of service and quality for all our customers.
- To set and promote standards to the highest achievable quality level for all factories ensuring customer requirements are met.
- To develop production orders for specific customers within the critical path criteria, to the correct specification, packaging and delivery
- To ensure all products supplied are 100% safe and do not pose any risk to the user
- To ensure we are fully compliant with current legislation in all areas of garment production and supply
- Development of garments from design concept to production
- Supplying the factory with testing and packaging requirements at Initial Sample request stage to aid in more accurate costings
- Carry out PP meetings with designer and customer.
- Completion of Risk assessment
- Understanding of REACH and SVHC in order to ensure all products are compliant
- Prepare samples for customers, recommend improvements / amendments and discuss buyer’s requirements
- Carry out fit meetings at customers if required
- Create and prepare size specs and graded specs and measurement guides for both customer & factory.
- Discuss manufacturing techniques with the factory to ensure customer standards are maintained and maximum efficiency is achieved
- Finalising test requirements following fit approval
- Approval of graded artwork & positioning
- Approval of final production samples giving approval to ship
- Approval of AQL inspections
- Assess fabric test reports ensuring individual customer standards and all legal legislation is met.
- Coach and train the factory on tasks that can be done in country to save time and money and help with the business carbon footprint.
- Approval of fibre compositions for Packaging Instructions
- Communicating with packaging suppliers where necessary
- Creation of Packaging Instructions for each individual order
- Advising factory of packaging requirements for each individual order
- Checking artwork for care labels, swing tickets, carton labels , barcodes for each individual order
- Maintain critical path
- Problem solving with the factory to maintain standards and on time delivery
- Confirmation of Samples received for payment
- Confirmation of invoices received as required
- Specific projects as required.
- Store inspections
- Overseas travel where required
- Qualification in garment technology / product development or relevant Garment Technologist experience
- Understanding of garment construction
- Understanding of fabric quality and performance
- Understanding of industry standards and legal requirements
- An understanding of sustainably sourced product, fabric and trims.
- Good organisational skills and time management
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a team and independently
- Ability to communicate with overseas factories in a clear and concise manner
- Positive attitude and approach