My client specialises in the design, development and manufacture of lingerie, underwear, sleepwear and swimwear for both the branded and retail markets. They are going through a period of growth and are seeking a Design Director to join the team.
You will be an experienced designer and manager with great leadership skills. The ideal candidate will also be creative with excellent organisation skills. You will be responsible for the creative divisional “head of”, the “Commercial Room” Designers and maintaining a global overview of the Design Studio.
Your responsibilities include:
- To understand all Job roles, capabilities and functions within both departments of the design studio.
- To help time and resource manage the “divisional head of creative” and overall, in the commercial department.
- Responsibility for Managing and Mentoring your “divisional head” of and your commercial team.
- Ensure that the commercial department endeavours to build customer confidence and relationships.
- Build in strategies for improved working process.
- To put forward budgets.
- To sit on the board and be partly responsible for continued input into the Global vision.
- Being aware of and participate in reporting.
- To be part of the internal sourcing strategy.
- To continuously strive to build and drive an exceptional design team that are second to none.
In addition to the Director role, you will be required to take on the roles and responsibilities of a Divisional Head, Senior Design & Product Developer (reporting into the Senior Management), and in addition to the Senior tasks, you will be expected to fulfil your role as a design & product developer.
This role offers hybrid working and a competitive salary.