My client’s vision is to be the go-to destination for contemporary and inspiring menswear brands. Steeped in a rich history of more than 100 years across manufacturing; wholesale and retail, the mission of every employee is to dress men well. They have a large portfolio of fashion brands, owned and licensed, each with their own unique identity and customer base. They are seeking an Assistant Buyer to join this well established team.
Your role will involve:
- Complete and issue costing packs as requested by the buyer and follow up with suppliers.
- Assist the buyer with range building including; style confirmation, colours, and product development for all seasonal ranges.
- Attend fit meetings with the buyer and QA and assist in completing buying comments for all samples received. In the Buyers absence chair the meeting. Post meeting liaising with suppliers to ensure actions are to be completed.
- Review lab dips, bulk fabric and trim approval submissions and present to buyer for final review and approval. People:
- Assist in training and supporting the departmental BAA where applicable.
- Manage the department critical path which includes chasing suppliers to adhere to deadlines. Participate in the product CP meeting.
- Write online product descriptions for department to clear guidelines under the support and guidance of the Senior AB / JB.
- Liaise with the studio on sample requirements for photoshoots in line with the MPL.
- With buyer’s guidance work cross functionally with marketing/VM/ecommerce on communicating product specific information to stores/online to maximise sales
- Assist the buyer in selecting outfit options for the web photography (where applicable).
- To assist in the Seasonal Launch conference by preparing, organising and arranging samples as required. Assist the buyer in presenting at launch conference.
- Complete trend research & competitor analysis seasonally with a comprehensive summary for the wider business.
- Assist the Buyer to set up system specs, design sheets/CAD’s, branding packs and labelling charts seasonally, chasing designers on design sheet amendments where applicable.
- Liaise with suppliers to arrange fabric and product developments.
- Attend key internal and supplier meetings alongside the buyer. Complete all meeting minutes for the buyer.