Assistant/ Junior Garment Technologist
Experience on Swimwear and or Lingerie essential
My client are recruiting an Assistant Garment Technologist to work with major store groups over a number of product categories including Swimwear, Nightwear and Accessories.
With the ongoing expansion of the business this is an exciting opportunity for you to be part of our Creative team.
• Working on multiple products across; Swimwear, Lingerie, Nightwear, Fitness including Seamless, Footwear, Accessories involving Women’s, Men’s and Children’s
• Managing own product area as well as assisting Technologists in other product areas
• Measuring sealing samples comprising of first fits, second fits, pre-production, shipment samples in line with critical path deadlines
• Assisting in the resolution of fit, quality and construction issues
• Conduct fit sessions for own product area
• Attending fit sessions, taking accurate notes and photos to aid in adding comments to the workbooks for each style
• Following the critical path, chasing and logging sample submissions and packaging details from suppliers Updating the weekly Critical Path meeting spreadsheet
• Approving care labels and updating wash care information
• Assisting in sending out test request forms and approving garment test reports, ensuring brand standards and quality are met. Knowledge of Garments testing and current legislation is beneficial
• Reviewing fits and returns information, to improve fit and quality standards
• Must have a degree in a similar field, knowledge and experience in lingerie and swimwear is beneficial/preferred
• Previous experience essential, a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Must have knowledge of pattern cutting, grading and construction
• Knowledge of garment & fabric testing is advantageous
• Must have attention to detail and accuracy skills
• Strong communication skills
• Must be fully computer literate